Ramtha's Life (as Told to JZ Knight)

 back cover photograph



As remembered by JZ Knight, this commentary of Ramtha—an entity who speaks through her body for interims of time—is found in JZ Knight's autobiography A State of Mind, My Story (1987).

"Beloved woman, I was a Lemurian who was part of the pilgrimage that went into that which is termed Atlantis."


"I was that which is termed a warrior."


(In response to the question "Did you kill people?") "Indeed, I was a barbarian."


"I knew not what God be when I was a barbarian."


"For mine was a destitute people who were termed slaves and soulless.  I was the conqueror who freed my people from tyranny.  Indeed, I became the greatest of all warriors.  For great was my ignorance and hatred, and feared I nothing."  (page 288)


"I was continually on what you term a march."


(In response to the question "And how many warriors were there in your army?") "Multitudes."


"Indeed, I plundered and killed."


"I was that which was a barbarian until I became enlightened."  (page 293)


"There existed two superior species, both being that which you term Cro-Magnon, that began to evolve much differently.  Indeed, one was called the Atlantean, bearing red skin, and the other the Lemurian, bearing brown skin.  Indeed, both evolved from the great ones in that which is Africa—indeed, Eden as you term it."  (page 294)


"I shall tell you this, beloved woman: you were one of my daughters in the army of my time.  Your beloved husbandman was one of my centurians.  Indeed, at the age of thirteen years, as you term it, I promised my daughter to him.  But, indeed, you refused.  Your heart was my strategy of armaments—indeed, beloved woman, you wished to be a warrior.  Indeed, in this lifetime you are fulfilling that which was unfulfilled."  (page 296)


(In response to the question "Was I really your daughter?")  "Indeed, of the flesh, no.  For never I made a union with a woman.  I was immersed in hatred, ignorance, and the ravages of that which is termed war.  You were given unto my house by a woman of that which is termed destitution."  (page 326)


(In response to the question "Why didn't you get killed?")  "Beloved woman, I spend many years, in your time as you know it, contemplating what, indeed, I was doing, even in the name of human freedom, as it were.  I was, indeed, a driven entity, a barbarian who despised the tyranny with which man ruled his brothers.  I despised this greatly, and fought as it were, expecting to die.  Beloved woman, I did not have the fear of dying that many of my people did, for, indeed, I wanted to die, honorably.  I never knew fear, only knew I hate.

"I led my armies in the front of the charge, with none on either side of me.  Indeed, I was the spectacle of hate to be hewed down by the most noble of foes.  Yet none did me the honor.  I, as it were, had chosen the worthiest of opponents to bring forth my demise, but, because of my absence of fear, there was only the presence of conquering.  Thus, indeed, I became a great conqueror, indeed, what is termed a great entity.  Know you what be a hero?"


"A hero be one who salvages life and, indeed, puts an ending to all the wrongs of life.  I realized not, beloved woman, that in righting the wrongs, indeed, I was only creating a wrong.  I desired to do away with all the odious forms of tyranny, and indeed I did, only to become the very thing I despised.  A tyrant!  Beloved woman, I was driven to make myself and the color of my skin more respectable.  Indeed, unto all the sieges and battles that were put forth, the lands that my army crossed, indeed, all the peoples I freed, one by one, my army grew . . . unto the legend of the Ram and his army."  (page 329)


"Beloved woman, I indeed was an imbecile, a barbarian, a buffoon, an ignorant entity of savage acclaim.  I marched for ten years and warred upon many until, one fine morn, I was betrayed in a trap and run through by a sword.  I fell upon a snowy white marble flooring that seemingly was perfect, yet I watched as the scarlet river of my blood found a crack in it.  Woman, I lay there on the cold floor, watching my own blood issue forth from my being, when there came a voice to that which is I.  The voice spoke to me to stand up.  Again it spoke, 'Stand up!'  Indeed, I pulled up my head and put forth my palms, then I began to pull under me the knees of my being.  I raised my countenance, beloved woman, so that my head, indeed, was erect and even.  I pulled up my left foot and stabilized it.  Beloved woman, I gathered all of my strength.  I put my hand upon my knee, my fist into my wound . . . and I stood up.  Blood was issuing from my mouth, flowing through my fingers, and running down my legs.  My assailants, who were, indeed, now certain that I was immortal, fled from me.  My soldiers laid siege to their city and, indeed, burned it to the ground."


"Ah, the voice.  Lady, I would never forget that voice that made me stand up, for it kept me from dying.  Indeed, in the years to come, I would seek to find the very face and the wonderment of that voice."


(In response to the questions "Well who was the voice?  Did you ever find out?")  "The unknown God.  Yet even that, beloved woman, is not suitable to such a practical mind as yours."  (page 330)


"Indeed, I was given to the court of women in my march that I be cared for.  Lady, I had to endure the stinking poultices of vulture grease that was put upon my chest.  The vileness of its stench kept me awake.  Indeed I, the Ram, was bossed by the women and undressed before their eyes.  I could not even urinate or spill dung from my anus in private, but rather in front of them, for be that I was helpless in their care.  Indeed, it was a most humiliating experience!  For of the period of my convalescence, the greatness of my pride and hate had given way to that of survival.

"I ordered that my stay be in solitude, and found I a large rock that overlooked the encampment.  There, on that rock, I sat and contemplated for nigh seven years in your counting.  I was served only be a beloved old woman who loved me greatly.  There came a day while recovering from my ghastly wound that I watched my old woman pass from this plane.  Indeed, she was at the river, and I saw her collapse.  I made my way down to where she lay.  She was clutching heartily the crudely woven linen she had made for her son, who had, indeed, perished long ago.  I saw the old woman pass in the light of the noonday sun, the life ebbing from her body in strokes of weeping.  I watched the old woman shrivel in the light, her mouth opened to an aghast expression, and, indeed, her eyes became glazed, unaffected by the light of the sun.  I stood there. Nothing moved save the breeze through her silver hair.  Beloved woman, I thought about the old woman, her cursing, her kindness, and her love for that which is I.  I wondered at her great intelligence.  I turned my head and looked back at the sun, which never perished.  I knew that it was the very same sun that had shone through a crack in the roof of her hovel when she was first delivered as a babe.  Indeed, now it was the last thing she saw when she died.  I stared at the sun.  It was oblivious to the fact that my old woman, who had cared for me, had died.  I ordered that she be not burnt, but rather buried under a great tree by the river."  (page 331)


"It was not, indeed, until I observed and pondered life and its ungoingness that I discovered who be the Unknown God.  I reasoned that the Unknown God was not the gods created through the altered thinking of man.  For, indeed, I realized that the gods in men's minds are only the personalities of the things that they fear and respect the most; that the true God is the ongoing essence that permits man to create and play out his illusions however he chooses, and that will still be there when man returns yet again, hallowed in his incarnation, in another spring, in another life."  (page 336)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Case Profile: Edgar Cayce

Feedback in Three Steps

Esoteric Aspects of Edgar Cayce's Life